Believe it or not, grout lines can make or break the look of a room in your house. Dirty or cracked grout can make people think your bathroom isn’t clean, or that your kitchen hasn’t been kept up in decades. Instead of massively renovating over tile floors, tubs, walls, counters, or pool areas in your home, you can do a quick cleaning, sealing, and repair job on the grout lines – this will not only save you thousands of dollars, but it’ll save you from quite the headache as well! By knowing how to fix your grout yourself and what cleaning products to use, you can have a practically brand-new looking home!
To repair grout on your own, here are a few simple steps to take to fix it without hiring a professional:
- –Buy a grout that matches your current grout (or as close as possible)
- –Remove any loose or broken grout by using a grout saw.
- –Clean the grout lines where you removed the damaged grout with some cold water and towel dry.
- –Follow the grout instructions to prepare the mixture
- –Fill the lines with the grout and make sure the grout is level and straight. To do this, you use a grout float.
- –Clean the tiles with a sponge from any of the grout that may have gotten on them by accident.
To clean the current grout, one it is all dried and in place, use Grout Shield’s Grout & Tile Cleaner. This cleaner will remove any excess dirt or grease from the old or new grout you just placed down. This cleaner will also clean and remove any previous sealer that was on the grout. After the area is done being cleaned and has had time to dry, apply Grout Shield’s Clear Seal. This clear seal can be applied to seal new or older tile and grout installations. By properly sealing your grout, it will prevent it from getting stained or discolored.
If you’re thinking about fixing up and cleaning the tile in your home, purchasing Grout Shield products will make your grout look brand new again. Grout Shield even offers color options for its grout sealers if you decide you want to give a room an entirely different look. To purchase Grout Shield cleaners or sealers or learn more, click here or call 1-800-631-0716.