Grout can make or break the look of room in your home. Dirty grout can make a clean room look dirty and a new room look old. You can scrub for hours and grout can still look dirty – grout is a funny thing like that. Grout is porous, which means once it absorbs all kinds of filth, it can be hard to get that filth out. Regular household cleaners don’t work well when cleaning grout, and many harsh chemicals can wreck and break the grout.
As a grout products company we wanted to share with you some common problems with grout, and what you can do about it to fix it, because grout is everywhere, so you must learn how to properly care for it!
- Grout is porous. It absorbs anything that it encounters from dirt and mud to food and water.
- Grout is hard to clean because it sits lower than the tile surrounding it.
- Grout will darken over time if not properly cleaned and/or sealed.
- Grout is hard to clean.
- Epoxy is the easiest grout to clean because it is the least porous grout.
- Mopping can potentially stain your grout.
- Mops can leave bacteria in your grout.
- Grout is a breeding ground for bacteria.
- Grout can easily be wrecked by steel wool, coarse brushes, acidic cleaners, and bleach.
To sum up, grout is basically hard to clean, but it doesn’t have to be… not with Grout Shield’s grout products. Grout Shield created special grout cleaners that break up tough stains and lift them out of the pores. The Grout Shield Maintenance Cleaner cleans stains in the grout, and it is perfect to use regularly to keep your grout clean year-round. Grout Shield Grout & Tile Deep Cleaner is great at lifting deep stains, especially if you haven’t properly cleaned your tile in a while.
Grout shield also sells grout brushes, and chamois cloths that help easily remove dirt and debris from the grout without wrecking it.
Grout Shield’s grout cleaners can save you a lot of time and money when it comes to cleaning your grout. For more information on Grout Shield products, click our grout products page, or call toll free at 1-800-631-0716.