You just looked at the tile in your kitchen and bathrooms. Gross. They need a good scrubbing. You go into the cabinets and pull out a bunch of cleaning supplies. You get your mop and sponge out and start scrubbing away. You scrub, you scrub, and you scrub. The tile doesn’t look shiny and the grout is still dirty. How can this be happening?
Well, you’re probably not using the right grout and tile cleaner. In fact, you may be using chemicals that actually harm your tile and grout lines. At Grout Shield, we make quality grout cleaners and grout sealers, so we wanted to share with you how not to clean your grout. The following are some chemicals/cleaners that can be wreaking havoc on your tile and grout.
- Homemade cleaners with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide can help clean your tile and grout, but they won’t work well at lifting deep stains or dark discolorations.
- Chemical-filled grout and tile cleaners can damage the tile and flooring in your home. Cleaners with ammonia can damage the finish on tiles and grout
- Bleach, although it can remove stains and mold from grout, it also can destroy your grout by causing it to crack and crumble. Bleach gets rid of the color of the mold, but not the mold itself, so you’re not actually cleaning your grout with bleach.
- Acidic cleaners, like vinegar, will take the shine and finish off the tile and grout. Vinegar and other acidic cleaners can also discolor the grout lines and tile.
- You should never scrub your grout. If you scrub your grout, you’re wearing away the top layers of the grout and weakening it, which can cause it to crack or break.
Use Real Grout Cleaner
Stop wrecking your grout and tile with the wrong cleaning supplies. It’s time to invest in a quality grout cleaner. You don’t’ want to wreck your whole floor and have to replace it just because you used the wrong cleaner! Use Grout Shield products that actually lift stains and clean grout. You don’t ant to use a product that just makes the problem.
Grout Shield’s cleaners are easy to use.
To learn more about grout cleaner, click our grout cleaner page or call 239-768-6809 or call toll free at 1-800-631-0716 with any questions.